Monday, February 14, 2011

How Much A Taxi To Woodburry

former Chancellor Gerhard Schröder Open letter to: peat fires, Russia and nutrition

Dr. Erich Koch

Otzberg
ring 40 64 846 Gross-Zimmern 31/01/2011

Mr. Federal Chancellor Dr
.
Gerhard Schröder German Bundestag
Unter den Linden 50 10117 Berlin


forest and peat fires in Russia

Dear Former Chancellor,

not an everyday letter comes to you today. It is about annually recurring forest and peat fires in Russia. These devastating fires in 1972 I myself witnessed in the former Soviet Union and know the region.

The fire disaster in the summer of 2010, however, was extreme. The economic loss is over 30 billion euros. Ca. 35 million tons of grain were destroyed by fire and drought. Due to the by the Russian government on 05 August 2010 grain embargo imposed on grain prices in the stock market almost "exploded". feel as a father of a family of six I even these price hikes in bread shopping. So far, I paid for our standard grain bread at our bakery and € 3.20 per kilogram now costs 4.30 euros. A price increase of 34%, and from one day to the next. Major cost factor for the price increase will be according to the baker of the rapidly rising price of flour.

So it certainly makes sense to refer to simple and particularly viable options on how to get better this year, ARISE fires and droughts in Russia under control. If one were to minimize these calamities by only 10 percent, according to a euro savings would result in billions. Based on my experience first- could fire and drought losses by 50 to 80% can be minimized. (Admin's note: See attached link at the end of the letter) I

also led by an engineering cost estimate. The one-off cost would be in the €-million range, as the then current annual operating costs.

On the other hand, one could save at least ten times, the best case even fifty times the cost of economic loss.

What I'm saying is that the project concept included on any case and very economical. Here are the synergies of Agriculture, forestry, water, ecology and climate change have not even considered.

Previous contacts with the Russian Embassy and individual members of parliament was also unsuccessful. This is the reason why I am speaking to you.

My impression is now of where the expertise is not attached to the desk of Russian Prime Minister Putin and the Prime Minister does not end up in a short form of the content and consequences of this simple project ideas are discussed, then nothing will happen. My intention is to help.

Because we have been seeing, as is speculated by the brokers on the exchanges with the transfer of basic food in a most immoral way. So I regret very much that Mr. Peer Steinbrück, unfortunately, only former federal minister and is no longer in office. This extraordinarily talented, courageous and likable politician had read the speculation shark long ago with his clear words, the Levites!

Mr former chancellor, the fact is that now in the poorer European countries such as Romania, certain low-income strata can not afford bread anymore.

so we must act to prevent millions of tons of grain annually in Russia to be destroyed by fire and drought and stock market speculators earn it a "fortune". This increasingly as the spreading American-style neo-capitalism has to be commanded by all means stop.

I think this is in your interest, within the meaning of the SPD and also the Russian government and Russian people.

Dear Mr. Schroeder, as you maintain good contacts with the Russian Prime Minister Putin, I would ask as a political amateur, to help us all. This is about a serious problem that can be solved gradually, at least in simple terms. Made by me in the accompanying 12-page expert methodology for water storage do I run for nearly 40 years on my farm and forest land parcels used for agriculture in Upper Swabia by (northern region around Lake Constance, Ravensburg).

By profession I am a PhD physical chemist (physics + chemistry) and hit me for about 40 years in part-time as agriculture and forestry.

I work outside my profession generally voluntary. I held out my whole life almost 70th and will mark me expected to change.

It gives me pleasure to own, to pass on experience gained through decades of practical work in agriculture and forestry outside of my profession as a physical chemist, both positive and negative. For share life experiences, makes life interesting. For we should be more than just about the weather, holidays, sickness, football (Hannover 96) and car talk.

Dear Mr former chancellor, now I want to conclude my remarks. Because your time is precious. But I hope you can help us all together and hope that you realize the potential to "fight forest and peat fires in Russia effectively," which includes the topic. I also hope that you take a little time to read my expertise. Thank you very much in advance.
all my good thoughts will accompany you.
Best regards
Dr. Erich Koch

See also this text by Dr. Cooking on this blog:
http://viertuerme.blogspot.com/2011/02/wald-und-torfbrande-in-russland.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment